Hand Arm Vibration Online Training Course
Hand Arm Vibration: – Course Overview
Vibration at work can be the cause of significant ill-health, with painful and disabling disorders of the blood vessels, nerves and joints. As well as discussing the impacts of Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) the course also highlights two other conditions caused by over-exposure to vibration, both covered by the UK Injuries Disablement Benefits scheme: vibration-related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) and Dupuytren’s contracture.
This Hand Arm Vibration course:
- Describes the symptoms and causes of hand arm vibration conditions.
- Provides advice on how to reduce exposure and the risk of developing injuries.
- Explains how failing to manage hand and arm vibration can lead to short-term and long-term health conditions, using case studies.
- Motivates learners to implement actions to protect their health such as by explaining the benefits of keeping logs of how long they use each tool during a shift.
- Provides information on what staff might expect from health surveillance.
Hand Arm Vibration: – Suitable for
This online Hand Arm Vibration course is targeted at people who use vibration tools, or who supervise employees using vibration tools, in their work.
Additional training would be required for supervisors or managers intending to carry out a detailed assessment of vibration exposure in the workplace. Please get in contact with WA Management for further expert advice on managing vibration risks at work!
If you are interested in this, check out our Noise at Work Online Training Course as well!