Who we are
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to WA Management via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
WA Management, we or us WA Management, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 27 whose registered office is at Waterloo Place, Warwick Street, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 5LA; UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by WA Management and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to WA Management and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, https://www.wamanagement.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, WA Management is the “data controller”. This means that WA Management determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- a. name;
- b. profession;
- c. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- d. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- f. website activity data such as pages visited (automatically collected).
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- a. data is given to us by you; and
- b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. WA Management will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- b. for remarketing purposes. We use Google Ads and Facebook remarketing to advertise WA Management across the internet, including on the Google Display Network and on Facebook feeds.
- This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. It is used only to indicate to other websites that a particular page was visited and to show only ads relating to that page.
- Google AdWords and Facebook Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to see ads from WA Management, you can opt out in several ways:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – If customers purchase a training course information will be shared with startmycourse.com to enable them to email access to to the course.;
13. Who we share your Data with. Below is a list of the companies that we share your Data within some capacity. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a company or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
- a. Oxeye Daisy Stores User login and purchased securely. Data collected here may be used to contact you regarding your courses or with marketing material where permission was given.
- b. SquidInk Marketing are our marketing subcontractors. Data may be shared to improve marketing and they may access details from Google Analytics
- c. Google Analytics Non-Specific browsing data will be shared to google for marketing purposes
- d. Microsoft Onedrive non-specific information about your visit to and activity on our website may be stored on our secure One Drive servers for the purpose of reports to improve site usage.
- e. Riskwize are the developers of the online courses and need access to your details to send you the access to the courses purchased. They receive no further data than this.
- f. Facebook Data is shared via cookies for remarketing purposes. No personal details are shared outside of this
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- b. we store your Data on secure servers.
15. We hold Cyber Essentials Certification. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: E-Training@wamanagement.co.uk.
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: E-Training@wamanagement.co.uk.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling WA Management to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
30. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. They also allow us to understand what pages website users are visiting and allow us to tailor targeted remarketing ads based on these views. For more information about how we use remarketing please see the ‘Our use of data’ section.
31. A list of the cookies we use
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Strictly necessary: We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
woocommerce_cart_hash Contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
woocommerce_items_in_cart Contains information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
wp_woocommerce_session_ This cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Analytical/performance: We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
_ga Used to distinguish users
_gid Used to distinguish users
_gat Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_.
AMP_TOKEN Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
_gac_ Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
fbevents.js This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables WA Management to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. Facebook will use this to make ads to your Facebook Profile unless you opt-out.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
38. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact WA Management by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.