Control of Hazardous Substances Online Training Course (COSHH)
Control of Hazardous Substances: – Course Overview Overview
COSHH regulations is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. With this COSHH training you can prevent or reduce workers exposure to hazardous substances by:
- Identifying what the health hazards are.
- Implementing regular risk assessments to prevent harm to employee health.
- Providing control measures to reduce harm to health and ensuring they are used.
- Ensuring all control measures in place are kept in good working order.
- Providing information, regular instruction and training for employees and others.
- Putting in place monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases.
- Planning for emergencies.
This Hazardous Substances (COSHH) Online Training course provides essential information on substance classification. In addition, hazard classification symbols (old and new) are explained and the importance of labels and safety data sheets discussed. Furthermore, users are made aware that not all hazardous substances are labelled products. The course demonstrates how hazardous substances can enter the body and also what specific health conditions can develop.
Control of Hazardous Substances: – Suitable For
The responsibilities of both employers and employees are explained in this course, including the areas of identification, control measures, personal protective equipment (PPE) and finally, how to deal with accidents and emergencies.
If you are interested in this, check out our Asbestos Awareness Online Training Course as well!