Working at Height Awareness Online Training Course
Working at Height Awareness: – Course Overview
The Working at Height Regulations 2005 requires all ‘working at height’ tasks to be properly planned. Those carrying out the work need to be competent. All risks must be assessed, and appropriate work equipment selected, used, inspected and maintained.
This online Working at Height Awareness Training course fully explains what constitutes “working at heights”, associated risks and how to mitigate them. The topics further explored are:
- What constitutes a dangerous height.
- Examples of dangerous heights to work from.
- The risks of low-level falls from height.
- Identifying risks to safety.
- Safe working practises.
- Use and maintenance of working at height equipment.
- The importance of fall prevention
- Procedures to prevent the fall of objects.
- Understanding of the” Hierarchy of Control” – Avoid, Prevent and Reduce.
Working at Height Awareness: – Suitable For
This course is aimed at raising health and safety awareness for any employees or contractors who are likely to be working at heights during their day to day activities.
It is only awareness training and is not sufficient for any positions of great risk from working at height.
This e-learning course only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
If you are interested in this, check out our Manual Handling Awareness Course as well!