Prevent Duty Online Training Course
Prevent Duty: – Course Overview
The online Prevent Duty Training outlines the key responsibilities under the Prevent Duty and provides awareness training on how to help safeguard individuals from extremism. The course explains what extremism and radicalisation are, and how to identify children and young people who might be vulnerable. It also explores related issues, including freedom of speech.
The topics covered include:
- Introduction to Prevent Duty.
- Identification of risk factors that suggest an individual may be at risk of becoming radicalised or involved in terrorism.
- What action to take if an individual is suspected of being at risk to radicalisation, extremism or getting involved in terrorist activities.
- Information on how to help build resilience to radicalisation and extremism.
- Definition of British values.
- An outline of the Channel process.
Prevent Duty: – Suitable For
The Prevent Duty Training has been designed for people who work in a UK educational institution, so that they can develop a clear understanding of their duties under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act. The course examines the Prevent strategy and describes different approaches to implementation.
This course refers to UK specific law only.
If you are interested in this, check out our Security and Terror Alerts Online Training Course as well!