Physical Activity Online Training Course
Physical Activity: – Course Overview
More than a quarter of adults (1.4 billion people) throughout the world are not physically active enough to stay healthy. Not moving enough during the day drastically increases your chances of high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, obesity or diabetes. All of these conditions are risk factors for noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). With many of today’s workplaces having very sedentary roles based in offices at desks, coupled with long working hours it can be difficult to be more active. Understanding where to start and what types of physical exercise to do can also be prohibitive.
The Physical Activity online course can help. The course describes:
- The benefits of being physically active and taking part in regular exercise.
- What activities are considered moderate through to more vigorous exercises.
- The importance of muscle-strengthening and flexibility activities.
- How long and often you should engage in these activities each week.
- Ways you can be more physically active, both during the workday and in your personal time.
Physical Activity: – Suitable for
The online Physical Activity training course is suitable for any employee in any type of organisation who would like to learn more about the importance of physical activity in helping to lead a healthy lifestyle. Organisations can benefit from supporting their workforce to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, which can help to improve productivity and reduce sick days associated with poor health. The course is also a good starting point for those looking to work towards helping others with their personal training.
If you are interested in this, check out our Nutrition Awareness Online Training Course as well!