Pandemic Awareness Online Training Course
Pandemic Awareness: – Course Overview
A pandemic is a global disease outbreak, as we are currently experiencing with the Coronavirus or Covid19 as it is now called. A pandemic is determined by how the disease spreads, not how many deaths it causes. Pandemics are different from seasonal outbreaks or “epidemics” of influenza (the flu) for which humans already have some level of immunity. Pandemic outbreaks are caused by the emergence of a new virus against which, the human population has no immunity. Due to this lack of immunity, the virus is able to infect more humans over a large geographical area and spread rapidly and efficiently from person to person.
The Pandemic Awareness online course outlines:
- The difference between pandemics and seasonal outbreaks.
- The physical symptoms and how a virus spreads.
- What action should be taken if medical assistance is needed.
- Good hygiene as the best way to prevent contamination among the workforce.
- Employees who are more at risk of infection and measures to help protect them.
- Where to find the latest information on the current virus.
Pandemic Awareness: – Suitable for
The online Pandemic Awareness training course is designed to support and complement an organisation’s efforts to implement sensible control measures, in the case of a pandemic. It is ideal for managers, supervisors and those with planning responsibilities who are currently devising business strategies amidst the current Coronavirus pandemic.
If you are interested in this, check out our Security and Terror Alerts Online Training Course as well!