Manual Handling Awareness Online Training Course
Manual Handling: – Course Overview
The Manual Handling Online Training course is the ideal way to train employees in the basics of manual handling. It is also perfect for employees in low risk environments.
Manual handling tasks occur anywhere in the workplace. Any time we use our bodies to move an object, we are using the process of manual handling. This can be in an office, a factory, a warehouse, a shop or any other working environment. Manual handling means using your body to exert force to lift, lower, push, pull, carry, move, hold, restrain or set down a load. This Course Covers:
- Common musculoskeletal problems and common injuries caused by incorrect carrying and lifting.
- The importance of Risk Assessing every manual task
- How to apply the TILE principle when lifting, carrying and setting down a load.
- The responsibilities of the employees and employers.
- When mechanical aids should be used.
- The signs to look out for that might mean you are developing manual handling related problems.
Manual Handling: – Suitable For
Manual handling tasks occur wherever people are at work. Any time we use our bodies to move an object we are manual handling, whether we are in an office, a factory, a warehouse, a shop or any other working environment. Due to this, anyone would benefit from taking this course.
It is particularly useful for any employee working in a low risk environment who may have cause to lift, lower, push, pull, carry, move, hold, restrain or set down a load during their daily tasks.
This e-learning course only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
If you are interested in this, check out our Working at Height Awareness Online Training Course as well!