Gender and Sexuality Awareness Training
Gender and Sexuality Awareness: – Course Overview
Despite the existence of policies and legislation designed to give people equal opportunities irrespective of their sexual orientation or gender identity, LGBTQ+ people unfortunately still face exclusion and discrimination in the workplace and wider society.
Most people don’t intentionally discriminate, however it may be they don’t have a full understanding of the diverse representations of sex, gender and sexual orientation. This course aims to provide that knowledge and understanding, by covering:
- The challenges faced by LGBTQ+ people in the workplace and society.
- The benefits of gender equality and diversity in the workplace, both on an individual and organisational level.
- The differences between sexual orientation, gender identity, sex assigned at birth, and gender expression, and the correct terminology that goes with this.
- What to do if you witness or experience harassment, bullying, disrespect or discrimination at work.
- How to respectfully and appropriately respond to someone coming out to you.
- What to do if you unintentionally say or do something disrespectful.
Gender and Sexuality Awareness: – Suitable for
This course is suitable for any employee in any organisation.
Through the Gender and Sexuality Awareness course you will learn the tools necessary for ensuring diversity and inclusion in the workplace.