CPR Essentials Online Training Course
CPR Essentials: – Course Overview
There are approximately 60,000 Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests per year in the UK. In 2013, the Emergency Medical Services attempted to resuscitate approximately 28,000 people after they suffered a Cardiac Arrest. Of these, only 8.6% survived and were discharged from hospital. Approximately 80% of Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrests occur at Home and 20% in public or work places.
The CPR Essentials Course covers:
- The fundamentals of helping someone suffering from cardiac arrest.
- How to assess the person in trouble.
- Checking airways and for signs of breathing.
- Chest compression method and breathing through animation.
- Defibrillation and the basics of using a defibrillator.
- How to put a person in the recovery position.
- CPR procedure on children and infants.
CPR Essentials: – Suitable For
This CPR Essentials course is of benefit to anyone who wishes to know how to perform CPR in case of an emergency.
Although the course is geared towards workplace incidents, this training could be of benefit to anyone who simply wishes to be prepared.
This course is not interchangeable with an Emergency First Aid at Work course where practical demonstrations are required. This course covers only the theory; if First Aid training is required please get in touch!
If you are interested in this, check out our Safeguarding Online Training Course as well!