Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
ISO 27001 was published in 2013 to provide a management system framework for companies to implement information security controls. The objective is to achieve a consistent and reliable information security program. ISO 27001 is applicable to all sectors of industry and commerce and addresses the security of information in whatever form it is held. The benefits of achieving certification to ISO 27001 for your organisation are listed below:
- ISO 27001 provides a risk-based platform to keep confidential information (business or personal) secure by ensuring that access to information is appropriately authorised, controlled and regularly reviewed.
- ISO 27001 offers the means to set up a management system in which the accuracy and completeness of information and processing methods are safeguarded, in line with legislative requirements.
- Companies with ISO 27001 can demonstrate to customers that they have risk-assessed, implemented and controlled the security of information, meaning customers will have more confidence in the services offered.
- It aligns your organisation with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The management system promotes consistency and credibility in the delivery of service, decreasing the likelihood of suffering any costs that can arise from data breaches.
- This standard integrates with other management systems, such as ISO 9001 Quality Management.
ISO 27001 is the international standard that provides the specification for an information security management system (ISMS); WA Management will advise your company on how to obtain, maintain and more importantly: benefit from it. This service is available as part of a retained service or through a project.
We also offer online GDPR and Cyber Security training courses that you can complete yourself – click the button below to head to our E-training shop!