Automotive Quality Management
IATF 16949:2016 is the technical specification for automotive quality management systems that is now a requirement for first and second tier suppliers to major automobile manufacturers. The aim of IATF 16949:2016 is to develop a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the automotive supply chain. IATF 16949:2016 applies to the design/development, production and, where relevant, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. It is based on ISO 9001. Whilst primarily targeted at first & second tier suppliers, the requirements are intended to be applied throughout the supply chain.
First and second tier production suppliers to many of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers; you will need to achieve certification to IATF 16949:2016 in order to fulfill their contractual requirements.
It has the following benefits:
- Reduced costs – it will lead to improved product and process quality, thus reducing costs.
- Confidence in bidding – gives your company more confidence when you bid for global sourcing contracts.
- Saves time and money – reduces the need for multiple second and third party audits.
- Supplier of choice – helps you to gain work with many of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers which include certification to ISO/TS 16949:2009 as a contractual requirement for production suppliers.
- Easily integrated – being based on ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 is easy to integrate with standards you’re already using. IATF 16949:2016 can be integrated with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 to form a single management system.
WA Management will advise your company on how to obtain, maintain and more importantly benefit from it. This is available as part of a retained service or through a project. If you are a manufacturer you might be eligible for funding so please get in touch.