Proof of environmental training is becoming increasingly in-demand by principal contractors and SSIPs, as environmental issues take a more prominent place in the selection of suppliers and contractors, and the planning of works.
The built environment currently accounts for around 33% of the UK’s carbon emissions, which means that those working in the construction industry have the potential to make a significant difference to UK net zero targets. However, no matter what industry you work in, everyone has a responsibility to do their bit from the environment – from employees to management and business owners. Many of the actions that employees can carry out in the workplace are simple yet effective, which is why it is so important that everyone in the workplace has an awareness of their environmental impact.
Our Environmental Awareness online training helps learners to understand resource use and improve resource efficiency and waste management, covering:
- implementing a waste hierarchy
- identifying ‘waste’ and ‘resources’ in the workplace
- understanding the environmental impact of resource management
- understanding environmental legislation, management systems, and responsibility
- understanding how our carbon footprint can be reduced by small actions
Make sure your workforce have the tools they need to reduce both their individual and the company’s environmental impact with our Environmental Awareness Online Course. This course is suitable for employees at all levels within an organisation. Get 10% off this course with the code ‘carbon10’!
Resource efficiency is the use of resources in a sustainable manner while minimising environmental impacts, and is an effective strategy that can be used to help the environment in simple and achievable ways.
Resource efficiency covers all aspects of energy, waste and water efficiency measures, and using this as a guide we can all make simple changes in our daily lives to help the environment.
By using the limited resources on Earth in such a way that they are not damaged or depleted for future generations, both individuals and businesses can reduce their impact on the environment and get the best out of the resources we do have.
Utilising resource efficiency in the workplace can help in:
- reducing overheads and increase your profitability;
- increasing profits
- improving health, safety and environmental compliance
- improving your reputation with employees, customers, industry and your local community
- improving your workplace and environment
With our Resource Efficiency online training, learn about:
- The waste hierarchy – the preferred steps for waste management to help prevent waste disposal where possible
- How following the waste hierarchy helps to achieve a circular economy in which the resources we produce and use are fully utilised, and recycling these resources for reuse
- Effective waste management and efficient ways to use electricity, water and fuel
Find out how your business can improve its resource efficiency with our Resource Efficiency Online Course. This course is beneficial for organisations that would like advice on efficient use of resources in business and how to make their organisations more sustainable, but is also suitable for individuals looking to help the environment. Get 10% off this course with the code ‘carbon10’!
Environmental Awareness and Resource Efficiency courses can help your workforce gain an understanding of how they can reduce their environmental impact. Make sure you don’t miss out on our 10% off deal on these courses, available until the end of June. Simply enter the code ‘carbon10’ at checkout to save!
Read more Safety Spotlight blogs here
To keep up to date with the latest health & safety news and advice, follow us on social media: