The IOSH Managing Safely Course is intended for those in supervisory and managerial positions in all types of organisations, particularly those who manage risk and are not health and safety professionals. Through training your business can benefit from having managers and supervisors trained in the fundamentals of managing safely. The course will also assist those companies involved in the construction industry with their applications for CHAS registration and in addressing the requirements of CDM 2007 by demonstrating competence. On successful completion of this four-day course supervisors and managers will understand the principles of safety management and be able to:
- Identify health & safety and environmental hazards in the workplace
- Apply the hierarchy of control measures in the daily workplace
- Use active monitoring techniques in the workplace
- Understand the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the principal health and safety regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP)
- Understand and apply accident investigation techniques.
- Carry out basic risk assessments within the workplace & recommend suitable control measures.
- Ensure information, training & supervision is provided for all employees.
The IOSH Managing Safely Course and is fully interactive with practical learning in the following 8 modules:
- Introducing Managing safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risk
- Understanding Your Responsibilities
- Identifying Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
- Protecting Our Environment
On the final day delegates are evaluated by means of a written examination paper which will take 1 hour to complete. This is followed by a post course workplace project which is completed over 2 weeks. After the successful completion of the programme delegates are awarded an Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) certificate.
Training can be undertaken at either one of our open courses or as an in house course:
IN HOUSE IOSH MANAGING SAFELY COURSES
Contact us for client in house IOSH Managing Safely courses. Training is provided on the clients site and charged at a daily training rate. Discounts for multiple bookings are available. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We are offering IOSH training at the following venues: